Legacy characters, fighting in the shade, light in darkness, and teasing…
- Legacy of Dragonholt: Recently the crew at Fantasy Flight Games published a character building primer for their upcoming narrative adventure roleplaying game. The steps involve choosing a race (of which there are six humanoid choices), your class (currently seven from which to choose), describe yourself (where you define your initial look, personality, ideals and background), and finally your skills (of which there are five types). Pretty straight forward and FFG does cite that even in the describe yourself section there are trait examples (if you’re shy) and those examples come also with associated game mechanic tie ins. Still no eta however you can pre-order if you are interested in RPing in the Runebound universe.
Hello. Me Crag. Like long walks and shiny rocks.
- Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire: Games Workshop released Shadespire over the weekend adding the deck-building miniatures board game to their repertoire. If you are inclined to use the included miniatures in your Age of Sigmar games you are in luck as Games Workshop has also made available the conversion rules for Steelheart’s Champions as well as Garrek’s Reavers, both of the forces in the starter box. Promises have been made for the Ironskull’s Boyz and the Sepulchral Guard forces in the future with respect to conversion lists.
City of mirrors, huh? Man, I hope Sigvald the Magnificent doesn’t come. That guy…
- Massive Darkness: So last week we mentioned a couple new expansions for massive darkness were on the way. Well, this week we get a look at the box art (oh, and there are some words too, but, the pretty box art, Mmmm!) for said updates! Enjoy!
Who likes new stuff? I do, I do!
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2: The new season on the way, it would be remiss if there wasn’t some cryptic artwork teasing the game that is both ominous and equally cool! That said, here you go folks.
Who are these masked men?
More food, getting darker, and what scares a Darklord…
- A Feast for Odin: The first (which means more??) mini expansion for A Feast for Odin has been announced by Z-Man games today. The mini expansion consists of two new exploration boards of Lofoten, the Orkney Islands, or down to Tierra del Fuego. The Lofoten board also has a new bonus as well: a weapon card. Currently no eta on this game update.
A Viking we will go, a Viking we will go!
- Massive Darkness: A couple of new releases are on the way for Massive Darkness! These game additions promise to make things even darker. The Troglodytes Enemy Box, The Reptisaurians Enemy Box, The Warrior Priests vs The Spearmaiden Cyclops Heroes & Monster Set, and The Sorcerers vs Lord Tusk Heroes & Monster Set are their names and you should expect to see them as your FLGS or favorite e-store October 27th.
No, John, it was NOT my turn to bring the torch…
- Lone Wolf Adventure Game: The first campaign, Terror of the Darklords, is soon to be in our hot little hands! The hard copy is available for pre-order and the PDF version is available for purchase and download now at the C7 store. The campaign is focus on taking your group “series of interconnected adventures in which they will uncover a nefarious plan to crush Sommerlund.” If that doesn’t get the blood flowing, well man, you’re dead!
You say it’s not Halloween yet? Ok, then yeah, we’ve been waylaid!
A new set, new trails, and a new Kings…
- Star Wars Destiny: Fantasy Flight Games has a new draft for us to partake. No, it’s not a new beer…though there is something to the thought of a game company also being a brew house…no, it’s a new Draft Set called Rivals! Yep, Destiny now has an option to be played in draft and sealed events which means more competitions. This is (one) of the things that hyper competitive games like Magic The Gathering offers and is in part why it is so popular. I’m also curious to see how FFG grows in this direction as with the popularity of the IP it could very well take the game down the MTG road of success and spawn Thursday Night Destiny (Friday Night Magic™ is a thing and if you’ve been to a game store on a Friday evening you can’t miss it). Rivals is available for pre-order now.
Thursday Night Destiny?
- Pathfinder RPG: A new map pack set is available and it promises tons of new growth! The Fungus Forest map pack has 18 new tiles that will set the scene for your next crazy fey king encounter in Pathfinder and I would think they would work also for that strange new moon you explore in Starfinder too. You can purchase the hard copy now via your favorite e-store or FLGS and the PDF will be available via the Paizo store this Wednesday.
Just because it looks like a mushroom doesn’t mean we put it in the sauce…
- Kings of War: Vanguard: Mantic has a new title coming to kickstarter shortly in the form of Kings of War: Vanguard. Those not familiar with Kings of War, it is a game that essentially filled a void when Games Workshop decided to turn their large scale tabletop wargame (and industry leader) of Warhammer Fantasy into a pared down more skirmish style game that is now Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. Kings of War then moved in to (arguably) the top slot for those large scale high fantasy battles. Vanguard looks to be a skirmish style version of KoW based on this introduction…which is great. I’ve not seen that Mantic is ceasing production or support of KoW so having both a large scale and a skirimish size (which skirmish is the”new” hotness in war gaming) can only be a boon.
It’s a baby KoW!
Morning options, and which witch…
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire: More news on the new sourcebook that is coming from a galaxy far, far away today as we get a slight peek between the hyperdrives! Dawn of Rebellion is the name and its influence is inspired by Rogue One: A Star Wars Story™ and the Star Wars Rebels™. The book has six universal specializations along with narrative to nit an air tight backstory for your characters. Also within its pages are four new species that can be chosen by players, each with their own unique traits and history. Dawn of Rebellion will be available in quarter 4 of 2017.
How many Jawas does it take to screw in a power converter?
- Pathfinder RPG: A new player companion is available in the form of Blood of the Coven for Pathfinder! This companion is explores everything it is to be a witch in Golarion, be you a Theodora or a Glinda. This game update contains a more detailed look into changelings, new witchcraft and hag oriented archetypes, and more spells and rituals than you can shake a broomstick at. It’s what every skilled witch needs before Halloween gets here!
Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn, and caldron bubble…
Tiny defending, surviving space, elven invasion, and samurai showdowns…
- Tiny Epic Defenders: Heads up Tiny Epic fans as the Tiny Epic Defenders: The Dark War & TED 2nd Edition kickstarter is live! It is only 13 days long and currently at $134K of its $15K minimum goal as well has achieved each of its stretch goals. Its a tiny box so that can’t have too many stretch goals or else it won’t be so tiny. There’s also a legacy pledge of sorts open to folks who have a proof of purchase for the 1st edition of Tiny Epic Defenders in addition to the normal pledges.
If you have two pockets, then these two boxes should be in them!
- Endure the Stars: Also new on kickstarter is Endure the Stars which is a cooperative Sci-Fi dungeon crawl geared for 1 to 6 players. The story is that you are part of a crew on a colonization ship and things went wrong. Bad wrong. Scientist decided it was a good idea to create a life form to explore the planet you were going to colonize. Said life form decides it isn’t so keen on that idea and instead that killing all humans and taking over ship sounds much more fun! So begins turn 1! The game also features some pretty cool looking miniatures which can easily be used for other gaming if you weren’t into its base game. Endure the Stars has met its minimum goal and is pushing forward into its stretch goals.
Hey, did you send that last holopic to your cousin Ripley?
Stay off my forest lawn!
- Legend of the Five Rings: Fantasy Flight games has also officially launched their LCG Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game today as well! Players can now pick a great clan to serve and lead into conflict against the other pretender clans. You should be able to find the cards at your FLGS or your favorite e-store. Additionally FFG has made available the beta rules for the Legend of the Five Rings RPG they are working on! If samurai drama screams “right in my wheelhouse!” to you then you might want to check these beta rules out.
Serve you masters with honor, and you will prevail.
Know yourself, infinity and beyond, pulling strings, and spending caps…
- The Master’s Trials: AEG today has given us an look under the hood for their upcoming game The Master’s Trials! This update covers the major parts that make up your individual martial arts master which consists of a Class, Order, and Weapon. Currently there looks to be four of each of those and each grants access to their specific cards which you shuffle together to form your play deck. As last time The Master’s Trails will be available for sale in November as well as a pre-release during Spiel Essen in October.
Choose wisely, grasshopper!
- First Martians: Portal Games has a US release report on their new title First Martians and it looks like the landing was successful! One small step! The folks at Portal also give a heads up on new content that is coming as well as a hearty thanks to everyone that made this launch a win.
Marge, is that Douglas Quaid over there?
- Illuminati: Illuminati has been around for a long, long, looooong time and Steve Jackson has decided that it was time for an update to the…or I should say of the game. So that’s what is happening! SJG has given a small look at what will change with the game getting it ready for a (hopefully) 2018 relaunch. Jackson informs that as the game is in part based on how the real world is turning that several groups in the game were essentially obsolete and thus removed and/or reshaped. Will be interesting to see this in its new form in its final version. Those of you who can’t wait, however, can join the playtest here!
Who masters the Masters?
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare: More happy news over the wasteland radio! Pre-orders are now available and if you order over £120 you will receive a Special Event Miniature the Nuka Cola Girl along with here associated play cards! Time to go count the ways I’m getting in trouble with the wife today!
Dogmeat and his cousin Meatdog have to save their two-legged pets yet again!
Surviving the wastes, mini pathfinding, warring the wastes, and inquiring fangs…
- Fallout: The apocalypse will be coming soon to a FLGS near youe and the folks at FFG thought it would be nice to help your prepare! A new survival guide is up showing you six ways to increase your chances of coming out on top in caps, and out smarting raiders and super mutants. Still no eta on the game however you can pre-order your copy via FFG’s site or your FLGS.
Will the next hex contain that Fat Man weapons cache or Super Mutants?
- Pathfinder: Paizo continues its efforts to help with your back issues by miniaturizing a few more of its books. Pocket Editions of the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Bestiary 2 as well as the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Ultimate Equipment are joining the fray! These lighter tomes possess all the same information for game play as their larger editions so no worries about missing out on key information. You can purchase both of these now.
The book may be smaller but the monsters are the same size!
- Fallout: Wasteland Warfare: The guys at Modiphius have recently released a couple of videos (with more to come) of the game play. Really enjoy the different special dice used for play as well as the V.A.T.S. system being incorporated for Heroic characters. So ready for this game!
See, this is what happens when you don’t close the Vault door!
- Blood Bound: FFG’s upcoming game Blood Bound is all about vampire social intrigue. Today we get a look at the Inquisitor which is a clan less character bent on seeking out the truths of the Blood Bound world, even if said truths are lies. They have no allies except that of the Secret Order which, based on the theme I wouldn’t put much stock in. You can pre-order Blood Bound at your FLGS or from the FFG e-store.
Truth is a lie which you are convinced.
Phases of strategy, Holmes in digital, Cool releases, continuing the path, and Portal prizing…
- Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition: Looking forward to the new version? Fantasy Flight Games knows you are craving bits of information to chew on and has thus plated for you a look at the Strategy Phase of the upcoming Twilight Imperium Fourth Edition! Sit down with your favorite beverage and dig into the Strategy Cards and begin weighing if your primary usage is worth giving your opponents the secondary. Decisions, decisions!
Commander, receiving a change in orders from the Admiralty!
- Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective: The folks at Space Cowboys have just advised that the Companion App for Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective is now live and available on the Google Play store. Unfortunately there is still a bit of a wait before you will find an iOS version though one is on the way. Go, download, solve crimes!
“I am the last and highest court of appeal in detection.”-Sherlock Holmes
Did you remember, to buy those games in September!
- Pathfinder: The newest path for the Ruins of Azlant Adventure Path is now available! The Flooded Cathedral is for characters of 7th level and continues the party’s search for the missing colonists on a nearby island. Oh, and there’s this bit about a dead god that may have something to do with it all. You can find a copy at your FLGS or favorite e-store and the PDF version will be live starting October 18th.
No, not “Drowned god”, I said dead god…
- Portal Games: If you like contests and are heading to Speil 2017, Portal has something nice for you. They are running a trivia contest for which you will receive two entries for every question you answer correctly. Grand Prize (1) is a copy of First Martians and the runners up (2) will receive a copy of Alien Artifacts. Its free to enter and your trip to Spiel 2017 may end up just that much more win!
Many will enter, one will win. Oh, and two others get prizes too!
Preview of future, color battle, how you conquer, and don’t touch my cheese…
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2: Excited about the upcoming second season of Pandemic? Of course you are! Z-Man knows this and has penned a preview of some of the ways you and your team can affect the world in Pandemic Legacy: Season 2. Delivering supplies to help keep mankind alive, and doing some recon to find various game resources to aid your cause will be a significant part of your mission. There is still no eta other than soon and you can pre-order the game now at your FLGS.
Timely aid to areas of disaster makes all the difference!
- RWBY Combat Ready: Arcane Wonders has partnered with Rooster Teeth of Red Vs Blue fame to bring one of anime’s highly popular series to a table near you! RWBY Combat Ready is now on kickstarter and is just about $45K from its original goal of $250K from funding after only 1 day (see, I told you it was popular!). The game aims to “…captures the flavor and excitement of the series, with fast-paced battles, where all players are actively involved and engaged at the same time.” It’s Arcane Wonder and Rooster Teeth so this game should be interesting and good. Currently 31 days to go.
- Sid Meier’s Civilization: A New Dawn: Fantasy Flight Games has a new primer up on the World Wonders in their upcoming title! As of now we know that the following wonders will be included: Chichen Itza, Kremlin, Alhambra, Estadio Do Maracana, Hanging Gardens, Petra, Venetian Arsenal, and the Pentagon. Check out the article to see more of what these structures can do for you on the road to glory. Oh, and obligatory nudge…more Alpha Centauri please!
If you build it, you will conquer!
- Ratland: The turtles aren’t the only ones to rule the sewers. Take control of your own rat clan and vie to become master of the sewers in Ratland! This new game is on kickstarter and has reached its original goal and is tunneling ahead through stretch goals. Gather cheese from various location and make your clan the most populous. Beware, there will be danger. Currently 35 days left.
You dirty rat, you stole my cheese!