Join Lucas, Jo, and Chip as they review the games played during the month of November! They also look back at some their experience at BGG Con. We’ll also take a look at our
progress regression on the Shelf of Shame Challenge!
The season for gift giving to the ones you love is fast approaching and Chip, Jo, and Lucas have put together a list of their Favorite 15 games for 2017 to get for a friend or for yourself! Get your list as you’ll be sure to want to add many of these titles for those both naughty and nice!
Lucas is back with another installment of TMR! This time he takes a look at warfare in a galaxy far far away, and also in one 40,000 years into the future. He additionally gives a Non Pro Tip with respect to tackling those pesky mold lines!
Chip, Jo, and Lucas spent the last few days soaking up all things gaming at Board Game Geek Con 2017! It was a chance to see some new games as well as have a few sit downs with some of the industry’s best and brightest. Grab your favorite drink and snack and take a seat at the table to see what they found! (More Cold Water Crown and Agents of Mayhem please!)
Hey folks we’re back! Life happened and we’ll leave it there. On to the good stuff and this week we are showcasing a site that wants to help you get your gaming cache in order. BIT Game Storage started out as a kickstarter in 2016 and it looks like their success has carried them onward and upward. They now have a website where you can purchase a variety of storage solutions for your many different games. One cool thing about this system is that it looks to fit nicely into the often used gaming shelves like the ones we have at RTHG. They also offer a mobile version for those of you that find yourself being the one who has to bring the games to the party.
Legacy characters, fighting in the shade, light in darkness, and teasing…
- Legacy of Dragonholt: Recently the crew at Fantasy Flight Games published a character building primer for their upcoming narrative adventure roleplaying game. The steps involve choosing a race (of which there are six humanoid choices), your class (currently seven from which to choose), describe yourself (where you define your initial look, personality, ideals and background), and finally your skills (of which there are five types). Pretty straight forward and FFG does cite that even in the describe yourself section there are trait examples (if you’re shy) and those examples come also with associated game mechanic tie ins. Still no eta however you can pre-order if you are interested in RPing in the Runebound universe.
Hello. Me Crag. Like long walks and shiny rocks.
- Warhammer Underworlds: Shadespire: Games Workshop released Shadespire over the weekend adding the deck-building miniatures board game to their repertoire. If you are inclined to use the included miniatures in your Age of Sigmar games you are in luck as Games Workshop has also made available the conversion rules for Steelheart’s Champions as well as Garrek’s Reavers, both of the forces in the starter box. Promises have been made for the Ironskull’s Boyz and the Sepulchral Guard forces in the future with respect to conversion lists.
City of mirrors, huh? Man, I hope Sigvald the Magnificent doesn’t come. That guy…
- Massive Darkness: So last week we mentioned a couple new expansions for massive darkness were on the way. Well, this week we get a look at the box art (oh, and there are some words too, but, the pretty box art, Mmmm!) for said updates! Enjoy!
Who likes new stuff? I do, I do!
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2: The new season on the way, it would be remiss if there wasn’t some cryptic artwork teasing the game that is both ominous and equally cool! That said, here you go folks.
Who are these masked men?
More food, getting darker, and what scares a Darklord…
- A Feast for Odin: The first (which means more??) mini expansion for A Feast for Odin has been announced by Z-Man games today. The mini expansion consists of two new exploration boards of Lofoten, the Orkney Islands, or down to Tierra del Fuego. The Lofoten board also has a new bonus as well: a weapon card. Currently no eta on this game update.
A Viking we will go, a Viking we will go!
- Massive Darkness: A couple of new releases are on the way for Massive Darkness! These game additions promise to make things even darker. The Troglodytes Enemy Box, The Reptisaurians Enemy Box, The Warrior Priests vs The Spearmaiden Cyclops Heroes & Monster Set, and The Sorcerers vs Lord Tusk Heroes & Monster Set are their names and you should expect to see them as your FLGS or favorite e-store October 27th.
No, John, it was NOT my turn to bring the torch…
- Lone Wolf Adventure Game: The first campaign, Terror of the Darklords, is soon to be in our hot little hands! The hard copy is available for pre-order and the PDF version is available for purchase and download now at the C7 store. The campaign is focus on taking your group “series of interconnected adventures in which they will uncover a nefarious plan to crush Sommerlund.” If that doesn’t get the blood flowing, well man, you’re dead!
You say it’s not Halloween yet? Ok, then yeah, we’ve been waylaid!
Hey folks and welcome to this week’s Around The Table! This week we have a site for you that will help you bring the setting of that pitched battle you have been dreaming about into reality and onto your table. Titan Terrain Studio is a group of gamers that have a passion for making the terrain pieces that the rules need and that just make the experience look really cool. Ruined modern buildings, trees, space ship hulks, and ancient ruins are some of the pieces they do (there are many more!), all waiting to be shipped to you. Titan Terrain Studio also builds custom display boards for those times you need to put your forces on parade. Lastly, if you don’t have the time to paint your miniatures they can help you with that as well.
A new set, new trails, and a new Kings…
- Star Wars Destiny: Fantasy Flight Games has a new draft for us to partake. No, it’s not a new beer…though there is something to the thought of a game company also being a brew house…no, it’s a new Draft Set called Rivals! Yep, Destiny now has an option to be played in draft and sealed events which means more competitions. This is (one) of the things that hyper competitive games like Magic The Gathering offers and is in part why it is so popular. I’m also curious to see how FFG grows in this direction as with the popularity of the IP it could very well take the game down the MTG road of success and spawn Thursday Night Destiny (Friday Night Magic™ is a thing and if you’ve been to a game store on a Friday evening you can’t miss it). Rivals is available for pre-order now.
Thursday Night Destiny?
- Pathfinder RPG: A new map pack set is available and it promises tons of new growth! The Fungus Forest map pack has 18 new tiles that will set the scene for your next crazy fey king encounter in Pathfinder and I would think they would work also for that strange new moon you explore in Starfinder too. You can purchase the hard copy now via your favorite e-store or FLGS and the PDF will be available via the Paizo store this Wednesday.
Just because it looks like a mushroom doesn’t mean we put it in the sauce…
- Kings of War: Vanguard: Mantic has a new title coming to kickstarter shortly in the form of Kings of War: Vanguard. Those not familiar with Kings of War, it is a game that essentially filled a void when Games Workshop decided to turn their large scale tabletop wargame (and industry leader) of Warhammer Fantasy into a pared down more skirmish style game that is now Warhammer: Age of Sigmar. Kings of War then moved in to (arguably) the top slot for those large scale high fantasy battles. Vanguard looks to be a skirmish style version of KoW based on this introduction…which is great. I’ve not seen that Mantic is ceasing production or support of KoW so having both a large scale and a skirimish size (which skirmish is the”new” hotness in war gaming) can only be a boon.
It’s a baby KoW!
Lucas kicks off a new series that is all about those plastic warriors we know and love! Tune in and find even more reasons to add to your collections!