Jo, Lucas and Chip give you a look at their Favorite 15 Worker Placement Games that they have played! Pick up your clipboard, get ready to assign overtime and see if your favorite worker placement game makes their shift!
Hello all and welcome to another week of Around The Table. Continuing with last week’s theme this week we look at another website that provides a carrying solution to all your gaming needs. INIT is a company that makes cases and bags that are modular and custom designed to your particular gaming passions. They incorporate impact resistant foam, various pockets, pouches and compartments to make sure your games get to where they are going in style!
Water sickness, assimilating mat, last anniversary, and fresh packages…
- Pandemic: Rising Tide: The next title for the Pandemic series has been announced by Z-Man Games and it takes you back to the industrial age in the Netherlands! Pandemic: Rising Tide continues the survival series and pits players not against the accustomed plethora of diseases but instead against the threat that out of control water may pose. Currently there is no release date for this title other than soon. Edit(1910hrs-8/29/17)- Z-Man has removed the page for the link above and will re-announce the game at a later date. More information here.)
- Star Trek Ascendancy: Previously Gale Force 9 announced that there will be an upcoming expansion faction to their game in the form of the Borg. Accompanying that release will be a 3×3 limited edition gaming mat that will be available in stores and also on the GF9 web store. The mat looks pretty good and with its dimensions would serve well also as a surface for other space games needing a 3×3 area.
- Last Night on Earth: Flying Frog Productions has started pre-orders for the 10 year anniversary edition of Last Night on Earth! Fans of this game should take note that FFP is only having one production run (6,000 copies) made so if you are interested or on the fence you should probably go ahead and order soon. Each copy will have a numbered laser holo-sticker as well as two exclusive promotional cards. Note that if you are headed to Pax this week they will have a small quantity of the game there so if interested, again, make their booth your first stop!
- Mint Delivery: Five24 labs and Justin Blaske are at it again with a new title on kickstarter! Mint Delivery will have players taking on the role of competing delivery services. The previous title, Mint Works, is one that is very well liked by the staff here and packs a lot of game in a small package. I would be surprised if Mint Delivery doesn’t follow the same mold in bringing a lot of meaty game play in a pocket sized tin. If it does then the lowest tier of $10, which gets you the game plus all stretch goals, makes it well worth it! Currently the game has made its original ask 3x over and is pushing ahead into stretch goals with 24 days to go.
In the chill of the blight, the long road, galactic bazaar, and unlucky building?…
- Runewars Miniatures Game: Another unit box for the army of Waiqar has been announced in the form of the Wraiths Unit Expansion! This box has 4 wraiths on two bases along with the associated command tool and cards. Wraith units can pose a significant threat to one opposing force with their Undying Hate which gives a Mark of Vengeance to a single enemy unit. When a marked unit is engaged by a unit with Undying Hate the hateful unit gets to replace one of its die with a white die, which has extra sides and plenty of smacks to the head area! Look for this expansion box in quarter 4 of 2017.
- Adventures in Middle-earth: Hobbits and Dwarves alike will be happy to hear that the previously announced new supplement, The Road Goes Ever On, opens up for pre-order tomorrow! The PDF version will go live for purchase on the same day. This supplement contains four large formal double-sided maps as well as more travel information about areas than you can shake a goblin at.
- Star Cartel: Osprey Publishing has a new one on the way that takes the art of trading goods to breathless heights! Star Cartel is a space trading game that directs players to “take on the role of traders and smugglers, trying to maximise the value of the goods they have stockpiled, while minimising the value of other player’s goods.” The game additionally has a ship upgrading mechanic which we assume allows you to to it bigger, better, faster. You can order the game now and it is expected to be available from October 24, 2017.
- Warehouse 13: The Board Game: Fans of the television series should be happy to hear that Warehouse 13 can possibly be coming to a table near you! Warehouse 13: The Board Game is currently on kickstarter with 30 days to go and just over 10% of its goal reached. The game is semi-cooperative at 2-5 players and has a fully cooperative variant with 3-5 players. Players take on the roles of the agents from the show with one of them being a traitor and working for the game’s antagonist. Both sides are competing to gather artifacts and the first to 3 wins. A full copy of the game rules is available from the kickstarter page if you are so inclined.
A Grand armada, mindflayer games, pick your smash, last call at 10 forward, and sad news…
- Star Wars Armada: Wave VII has been announced for Star Trek Armada and with it comes one Grand Admiral Thrawn! No, not the guy, just his upgrade card, sheesh! The wave consists of the ISD Chimaera Expansion Pack (Empire), and the MC75 Star Cruiser Profundity Expansion Pack (Rebel). Look for these two packs coming in quarter 4 of 2017!
- Dungeons & Dragons: The folks at Wizards decided not to unleash a horde of mindflayers and instead create an online survey to find out what and how fans think of where the product is headed. You can access that survey here to let them know if you like the way things are going or if you think they need to course correct.
- Smash Up: AEG also has an interest in what their fans of Smash Up want to see in the future for the game! Currently through September 1st fans can vote on which factions they want to see next for the upcoming “Oops I Did It Again!” expansion coming in 2018. As of this week Vikings, Russian Fairy Tales, and Super Villains are the top 3 picks. If you want to see your preferences supersede those then head on over via the link and vote!
- Star Trek Adventures: Admirals and cadets you have just one week left to pre-order any of the fancy offerings for this upcoming roleplaying game from Modiphius Entertainment! The “Pre-Order only items, the Collector’s Edition, Borg Drone and Borg Cube Boxed Set will only be available to order until the end of August.” After this you will only be able to order the mundane versions of the game, the nifty stuff will no longer be replicated.
- Spartan Games: Spartan Games has just announced that their directors have made the decision to cease. Its rarely ever good to see a gaming company close its doors and we hope and wish for the best for all those that have been affected employment wise. Spartan Games was the provider of the games Uncharted Seas, Firestorm Armada, Dystopian Wars, and Dystopian Legions, and others.
“If you ain’t first, you’re last.” — Ricky Bobby
If you have ever had a desire to race camels, or to bet on the racing of camels, then this week in Game Time Decision we have the game for you! Camel Up is a dromedary contest that entreats you and seven of your closest gaming friends to step up to the betting counter and wager on which ship of the desert is the fastest!
From the Website:Place your bets with Camel Up, the hilarious game of betting on camel races. Winner of the prestigious Spiel des Jahres award, Camel Up invites you and up to seven of your friends to the wackiest camel races you’ll ever see. You each play as members of Egyptian high society who have gathered in the desert with one goal in mind: back the right camel and win a pile of money! Each round you can bet on the camel you think will win a leg or even the entire race. Just remember: the earlier you place your bets, the greater the potential rewards.
From RTHG Staff (Chip):Camel Up (Camel Cup) is a great game for mixed groups of gamers and non-gamers. It’s a party game with a board, and sure to be enjoyed during a social evening. Betting on the camels and cutting off your opponents is the name of the game in this light-hearted title. Nothing like watching your pick get carried across the finish line to victory by the one your friend was “so sure” had the lead.
It’s harvest time and Lucas takes time to reap his thoughts about Fields of Green and bring them home to you. Will this game prove to be a bumper crop?
Heroes box, apocalyptic size, umbrella boards, and viking masters…
- Heroes of Land, Air & Sea: If you weren’t able to make it to Gen Con, or you were and just can’t get enough of this game, Gamelyn Games has posted an update to their kickstarter that showcases the contents of the box that they had available in Indy. There are also a couple of videos for your viewing pleasure. Make sure to bookmark this update, though, as Michael Coe advises that there will be little else to see until production concludes!
- Fallout Wasteland Warfare: One of the latest pictures posted by Modiphius Entertainment gives us a sense of scale between several of the models that will make it into their upcoming Fallout Wasteland Warfare. The guy on the left is representative of your average vault dweller: a mostly normal, possibly slightly radiated human. The rest have had very intimate relationships with radioactive materials. Enjoy!
- Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game: Coming to a retail venue accessible to you in the relative near future is Steamforged Games Ltd.’s version of “make too much noise and the zombies eat you!”. Resident Evil™ 2: The Board Game is currently being designed by the “Guild Ball” maker and they want to take you to Raccoon City and force you to make decisions! This current look at the game explores the enemies you will face wants you to ponder if it’s always the right decision to make your boomstick go BOOOOM! The kickstarter for this will begin sometime this Fall 2017.
- Vikings Gone Wild: The Board Game: Lucky Duck Games has a new expansion on kickstarter for their game titled Masters of Elements Expansion! There will be more Resource Management and Deck Building with the addition of the Masters of Elements joining the fray to appease the gods. The game has made its original funding ask, is nearly 7 times over that start and plowing through stretch goals. If you missed getting the base game fear not as it is being reprinted and a copy can be secured in this kickstarter along with the MoE expansion. Currently 18 days left.
Looking blue, MoO dating, unlocking Bushido, and more munching…
- Star Wars: Destiny: Destiny fans have been given a preview of the blue champions that will be in the upcoming Empire at War expansion! Included in the preview are Ahsoka Tano, Kanan Jarrus, Grand Inquisitor, and Quinlan Vos. You also get a look at some of the upgrade cards for blue which will certainly keep your opponents on their heels (look at Kill Them All and It Will All Be Mine). We should get our hands on these soon as the end of quarter 3 of 2017 is almost here.
- Master Of Orion: The Board Game: Cryptozoic Entertainment has announced a release date for their upcoming collaboration of Master Of Orion: The Board Game! September 6th will be the date that you can purchase a copy and begin your mission to conquer the known, and unknown, galaxy. The pre-release copies that were available at Gen-Con last week sold out so lets hope that bodes well for the quality and success of the game in the long run.
- Unlock!: Fans of Unlock! that got to play the new demos at Gen Con (and those of you that didn’t get to as well!) will be happy to know that those two demos will be up for free print and play soon! Additionally there is a new demo on the way! This new demo, Kinkaku-Ji, is set in Medieval Japan. Currently there is not an eta so keep vigilant!
- Munchkin: Steve Jackson games has a couple of nice additions to the Munchkin IP coming to us soon in 2018! Munchkin Magical Mess will arrive in January and will be compatible with all other Munchkin games. The Munchkin Collectible Card Game is set to launch in February 2018 and will have three fixed Starter Sets, each with one randomized booster pack. There will also be expansions in May (The Desolation of BLARG!) and also in August (Fashion Furious) of 2018.
Welcome to another week of Around The Table! We made it past the eclipse and now its time for more gaming! This week we have a website that offers a bit of flexibility and comfort for gamers on the go. All Rolled Up specializes in making fabric based carrying solutions for your gaming needs. An All Rolled Up “holds all your dice, pens, counters, game cards and more in a sturdy, hand-crafted roll.” The site also offers a variety of accessories that compliment the All Rolled Up or that stand well on their own.